The European Scientific Counsel for Companion Animal Parasites (ESCCAP) is to host a scientific conference to discuss and examine current issues in emerging vector-borne diseases.
ESCCAP VBD 2016 will be held on 19–20 October at the 2016 Southern European Veterinarian Conference in Granada, Spain.
This pre-congress symposium will concentrate on the problems presented by emerging vector-borne diseases in Europe. Recognised experts will provide updates from the scientific field and this focused meeting will bring together researchers of different areas to discuss common solutions in the frame of a one-health concept. It will be followed by a workshop aimed at clinicians and nurses.
The scientific committee will be chaired by Professor Guadalupe Miró Corrales from the Facultad de Veterinaria, Madrid and there will be presentations from invited guest speakers including:
• Barbara Kohn (Veterinary Faculty of Berlin, Germany)
• Reinhard K. Straubinger (University of Munich, Germany)
• Gad Baneth (Hebrew University, Israel)
• Guadalupe Miró (University Complutense of Madrid, Spain)
• Laura Kramer (University of Parma, Italy)
• Patrick Bourdeau (Veterinary Faculty of Nantes, France)
• Maria Grazia Pennisi (University of Messina, Italy)
• Michael Lappin (Colorado State University, USA)
Further information about ESCCAP can be found on ESCCAP's main website at www.esccap.org
Malvern Hills Science Park
Telephone: 01684 585135